Gods Among Men RP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Among Men RP

Gods Among Men RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Gods Among Men, ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 38 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://godsamongmenrp.rpg-board.net/u53!

3 posters

Gods, Pantheons, Faiths

Poll

I dunno....

[ 1 ]
    Gods, Pantheons, Faiths I_vote_lcap50%Gods, Pantheons, Faiths I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Gods, Pantheons, Faiths I_vote_lcap50%Gods, Pantheons, Faiths I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 2
    That Guy
    That Guy

Character sheet
    Name:: Torag
    Race: God
    Statistics:

Gods, Pantheons, Faiths Empty Gods, Pantheons, Faiths

Post by That Guy Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:29 am

Hmm if this is High Fantasy roleplaying with the pantheon of Gods akin to that of the Roman Empire, it would make sense for those with God status to expect followers and a clerical organization for their expected faiths. I suggest a section where -with easy access- where the players with Gods can post a place where they expect their believers to behave in a certain manner. When their followers maintain their duties in a paladin-esque manner, they may or may not receive divine intervention with the Gods.

Think of this in DnD terms. The cleric hold out his divine focus and bellows out a prayer to smite his enemies, and with a beam of light the divine power surges through him.

This can be integrated with a passive that can be apped up for in the same app you described your faith in. Conversely, heretical issues vs a God could cause trouble -Which again, can be apped up for- and in worst cases cause a smite in anger.

This could even be used in a Metagame manner -they are omnipresent after all right?- and can read topics OOC and bestow blessings or deliver judgement. What I think that may fall apart right now is no means of keeping to the original Gods and without control there will be 1029387123 demi-gods all worshipping 1238709123 elements.

Yay, nay, or abstain?
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Name:: Kaseki
    Race: Fallen Spirit
    Statistics:

Gods, Pantheons, Faiths Empty Re: Gods, Pantheons, Faiths

Post by Kaseki Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:40 am

I think this would be cool... but with the way things are set up.. There's Empires... and Tiers. This would only make sense as a God-Tier character belongs to an empire. This would mean the leader of the empire states/creates a temple in honor of the god, wither it be themselves, or just another member...

But why stop there? Why not temples for the leaders? Or a great building named in their honor?

(I mean, not like Kaseki would want one IC.. as he would actually despise it... but "Kaseki's Castle" does sound pretty cool... Tobi's Tower....And so on)
    That Guy
    That Guy

Character sheet
    Name:: Torag
    Race: God
    Statistics:

Post by That Guy Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:16 am

You dont have to build shrines in your name. If I may, ask you to read this page from the Pathfinder Gods? Pathfinder is a variant of DnD and this is the link to the God of Destruction.

http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Rovagug

If you noted in there, shrines in there are not built, rather shrines are taken and worn down in Rovagugs name, perhaps you could do something similar.

Hell you could go on about how you expect your followers to behave, in place of the need for your shrine.
    Fabled Emperor Karna
    Fabled Emperor Karna
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:: Fabled Emperor Karna
    Race: Awakened Human
    Statistics:

Post by Fabled Emperor Karna Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:21 pm

I think that this could simply be done totally independent of adding new systems. If you wish to have people follow you and you do indeed get them to, you are more than welcome to tell them how to live Razz I only slightly oppose this because Gods like Oski who keep a somewhat low profile and aren't looking for more followers and are simply looking for more power, this wouldn't make much sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content