Gods Among Men RP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Among Men RP

Gods Among Men RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Gods Among Men, ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 38 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://godsamongmenrp.rpg-board.net/u53!

5 posters

Invasion Discussion

Urek
    Urek
    Admin

Invasion Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Invasion Discussion

Post by Urek Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 am

Urek wrote:I don't see why you're gonna take something so trivial and make it into a complex system.

Invasion works like this;

[Invasion] thread posted by attacker(s.)

Defending force steps in and posts.

Said thread goes on until one side defeats the other. If no defense is posted up after 48 hours then the attacking force has all rights to the land, prisoners(the people who are there but did not attempt to fight or flee no matter the rank), etc

The winning side claims the prisoners, land, etc.

All people residing in said place as their "home" or group or w/e have 48 hours to post an "escape" thread, which can be intercepted by an attacker. If said thread goes unnoticed for another 48 hours then they're home free if not they must fight. Of course this will need some regulations on who can stop who but thats something that can be worked on.

This is what I am arguing for, a mroe simple version/terms of invasion.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Name:: Kaseki
    Race: Fallen Spirit
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:41 am

Urek wrote:
    Urek wrote:I don't see why you're gonna take something so trivial and make it into a complex system.

Invasion works like this;

[Invasion] thread posted by attacker(s.)

Defending force steps in and posts.

Said thread goes on until one side defeats the other. If no defense is posted up after 48 hours then the attacking force has all rights to the land, prisoners(the people who are there but did not attempt to fight or flee no matter the rank), etc

The winning side claims the prisoners, land, etc.

All people residing in said place as their "home" or group or w/e have 48 hours to post an "escape" thread, which can be intercepted by an attacker. If said thread goes unnoticed for another 48 hours then they're home free if not they must fight. Of course this will need some regulations on who can stop who but thats something that can be worked on.

This is what I am arguing for, a mroe simple version/terms of invasion.

I say 24 hours after the attacker "declare war" after that day, they attack. Had they not been met by reistance, another 24 hours pass and they break walls... each day, further into the compound... and so forth.

But the site rule is "A Few sentences". Which makes :

"Kaseki walked up to the walls. He hated Wave's empire. He punched his cheap doors with corroded wood. The doors fell down."

... Word count solves that issue.

Remember, not everyone is an experience RPer, and in some cases, this might even become their first RP site... that's why these things have to be stated.

If the defending party does not reply within 10 posts (or cycles of A>B>C) they lose by default.

So say the posts have to be 100 word min. That's not a lot. So why is this so hard to implement? Not everyone is an experiece RPer, and in some cases, may just post what I just made an example of. To void that post just because "there was not enough quality" will piss off people new to RP, or aren't that good at it... and just cutting them off from invasions isn't fair either.

Word count solves this.
    Urek
    Urek
    Admin

Post by Urek Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:56 am

No if the person doesnt reply after a set time any attack against them is an auto hit, or any attack theyre doing is an auto fail then it moves on to the next poster liek any rp
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Name:: Kaseki
    Race: Fallen Spirit
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Wave Darkbright wrote:I think your rule on the not being able to attack people far weaker than you is fine except one thing. I think that if the group you are attacking has someone of equal rank to you, I think you should still be able to attack. Because even if everyone else is weaker, they still have someone who is strong enough to hold you off and put up a good fight. Other than that I think its cool.

I totally missed this..

Yes. I agree with this.
    Wave Darkbright
    Wave Darkbright

Character sheet
    Name:: Wave Darkbright
    Race: God
    Statistics:

Post by Wave Darkbright Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Since its apparent we cant come to a conclusion about this on our own. Imma just wait to see what Tobi and Oski say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am